Leadtec is a fast-growing technology business
Join us and become part of our growing family
Why Join us at Leadtec?
Leadtec is an exciting and fast-growing business providing organisations technical support and solutions
Cross skills training
Professionally development plan
Free onsite parking
2nd Line Support Analyst
Leadtec is a growing Managed Service Provider supporting customers locally and in the London area. We currently support customers ranging from 10 staff up to 3000 staff using a large range of technologies and solutions. Our main business activities cover IT support, system design, telecoms and fully managed IT services.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced hands-on 2nd line support analyst to cover day-to-day support activities. You will also be expected to work alongside our consultants to configure and install new IT infrastructure. The candidate will be expected to work on support contracts, system builds and ad-hoc support. The majority of our work is completed remotely; however on-site visits are sometimes required so a clean driving licence and own car is essential.
The role is very diverse, so the applicant must be confident on desktop, network and server support, virtualisation technologies as well as Office 365.
LeadTec provide support on a vast range of technical solutions so training will be given to improve and expand your skill set, this requires the candidate to have the ability to learn and develop quickly.
Enthusiastic individual with minimum of 4 years 2nd line support experience wishing to build their technical skills. A strong entry level understanding of IT systems is essential however guidance and support will be given to improve your skillset and develop you to the level required for the role. There are times when you will be expected to work alone, so a mature attitude and work ethic is critical.
The successful candidate must be able to troubleshoot complex problems with limited information or documentation. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to setup a basic network with multiple VLAN’s, virtualised servers and client devices. All our services are driven around service quality and security, so a strong understand of account security, system protection and secure network design is essential. You must also have a rounded knowledge of different types of hardware including printers, mobile devices, servers and network equipment with the ability to trouble shoot issues remotely with the end customer.
Weekend and evening working is expected as standard from our clients and needs to be covered by all staff on a rota basis.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange experience
- Knowledge of networking technologies including VLAN’s, routing protocols, VPN’s, firewalls, DHCP, DNS and switch configuration
- Experience and understanding of backup solutions and day-to-day management
- Office 365 and Azure experience including exchange online setup, SharePoint data structure
- Logical and methodical troubleshooting skills
- Administration of VMware and Hyper-V platforms
- Experience in provisioning VOIP devices
- PowerShell knowledge especially around Office 365 and Azure
- Strong Ability to communicate well with other people
- Good timekeeping and self-management skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Able to create detailed documentation
- Clean UK Driving licence
Cisco CCNA or equivalent network qualification
Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL
Website coding and troubleshooting
3rd Line Support Analyst
We currently have an opening for an enthusiastic 3rd line technical analyst to help support our growing client base. The role will include providing solid IT services to our managed customers, including improving reliability, availability, security and performance for their IT infrastructure and application landscape. A strong and broad ranging technical background is essential as this is a hands-on role with the requirement to support and assist delivery of technical solutions.
As an experienced technical escalation point for all IT support topics, excellent customer service and problem-solving skills are vital in this role, with an ability to work at all levels of the support spectrum. As a senior member of the support team you will be expected to help develop and cross train other members of the team in existing and new technologies.
The role requires the ability to deliver on both operational and project tasks with a 60/40 split, this will be against deadlines and to Service Level Agreements. Flexibility is essential in terms of out of hours’ maintenance, changes and support, on a rota basis.
Previous lead IT support role is beneficial, with a focus on innovation and delivering the highest levels of quality. Whilst highlighting areas of improvement and designing solutions to bridge these gaps.
The successful candidate must also be able to work with 3rd parties, suppliers & customers, as support may require external input and co-ordination.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior operational support role (3rd line or equivalent) within a medium to large sized enterprise or MSP, demonstrating support of the following technologies:
– Support and optimization of in-house or client infrastructure
– Client and server Operating Systems
– Business infrastructure, networking, storage, and compute
– Database management and administration
– Security implementation, encryption, and Data Loss Prevention
– Vulnerability and malware threat prevention
– Infrastructure and application capacity, performance and availability monitoring
– Clustering and High Availability
– Backups and Disaster Recovery
– Server virtualization
– Email, telephony and Unified Communications
– Proven Continual Service Improvement experience
– Strong knowledge of Office 365 and Azure services
– Excellent call management experience
– Experience of scripting and PowerShell
– Experience of Visio for system and network designs
– Strong understanding of at least one storage platform
– Demonstrate management and implementation of remote management and monitoring solution
At least one of the below should be held
– Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
– Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
– VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
– Project management methodology certification – foundation level
– Passionate about technology
– Personal integrity, open, honest and reliable
– Ability to work in high pressure environments, to tight deadlines
– High attention to detail with uncompromising quality standards
– Team worker, self-motivated, self-disciplined, able to work on own initiative
– Keen to support colleagues, train, document and lead by example
– Analytical approach to problem solving
– Take ownership, sees tasks and challenges through to a successful conclusion
– Innovative with the drive to provide continuous service improvement
– Excellent communication skills, at all levels, both verbal and written